THE FUTURE NEVER STANDS STILL
NOT SHOULD YOUR DAUGHTER.
Strathcona was founded in 1924 and is a day school for girls from Prep to Year 12. We are an independent, non-government school. The main campus is situated 11 km east of the city centre of Melbourne in Victoria. Our School has excellent, modern facilities and resources and our dedicated staff support students to achieve their maximum potential.
Strathcona Girls Grammar School is a registered provider (CRICOS No: 00577C) on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). Strathcona is registered to accept a limited number of overseas students studying on a student visa (sub-class 571) from Year 7 to Year 12. Some families applying from overseas hold either temporary or permanent residency visas. In these cases certain requirements such as accommodation and local support personship do not apply, although other enrolment requirements, for example English language proficiency, are still relevant.
Learn About Strathcona
We invite you to come and experience Strathcona. Learn about our outstanding personal development programs and how our girls achieve to their fullest potential in all areas of life. With results in the top 2% of the state and limited places we invite you to book now to attend one of our Open Mornings or Request a Prospectus to learn more.
Submit an Application for Enrolment Form
Please submit an Application for Enrolment form to be considered for your preferred year level of entry. Copies of your child’s Birth Certificate, Immunisation Record (Medicare Statement), Citizenship Documents (such as Passport, Visa or Certificate), School Reports and NAPLAN summaries. There is a $200.00 non-refundable, administrative fee associated with this submission for each student.
Good Things Come to Those That Wait
All applications are immediately placed on a Waiting List for your preferred year level of entry and you will receive confirmation of this from the Admissions Department. Our Admissions Department will be in contact with you as soon as a place becomes available or we commence the intake process for a main intake year level (such as Prep, Year 4 or Year 7). Please see our Enrolment Terms and Conditions for more information.
All enrolments are subject to a successful enrolment interview. The enrolment interview is an informal conversation where we hope to learn more about your daughter, her interests, hobbies and learning strengths. This interview also provides an opportunity for your family to learn more about our school values, offerings, expectations of our students and more.
Letter Of Offer
Once the enrolment interview has been conducted, the School may be in a position to provide a Letter of Offer inviting your child and family to join our community. To accept this place, we require six month’s tuition prepaid and a non-refundable enrolment fee of $2,000.00 to be submitted, in addition to the completed paperwork, by the specified deadline.
Preparing to Study in Australia
Once the Letter of Offer has been accepted, the school will support you as you prepare for your first day. This may include, raising a CoE, applying for a student visa, organising homestay arrangements (if necessary), preparing medical insurance and more. our International Student Manager is available to support you through this process.
Welcome to Strathcona
Once the required payment and paperwork has been received and processed by our Admissions Department, we will send you a letter confirming your child’s enrolment. Congratulations and we thank you for choosing Strathcona Girls Grammar.
Your Strathcona Start
Commencing at a new school signifies a time of growth and tremendous possibilities. Transition, therefore, is of fundamental importance for your child as it ensures they are fully supported as they continue or commence their learning journey with Strathcona. We will be in contact with you in the months leading up to Day 1 as your family prepares to join the School and also throughout the first few weeks of attendance. Many orientation opportunities exist for our new students and we are here to help.
- Please review the 2021 Fee Schedule for overseas students
- Places are offered to International Students subject to adequate levels of skill with English (see English Language Expectations for more information below).
- Applications will be considered only after original copies of school reports, a copy of the student’s passport and evidence of English proficiency have been received.
- Students are asked to undertake an Australian Education Assessment Services (AEAS) test which should be submitted with their completed application form.
- If students are living in Australia they will be interviewed and selected according to academic performance and aptitude.
- As there can be difficulties for International Students coping with a new academic environment, the School requires evidence that the student will be sufficiently strong in her performance to cope with the program on offer.
Students are asked to undertake an Australian Education Assessment Services (AEAS) test, or equivalent, which should be submitted with their completed application form.
Recommended AEAS Test Result Guidelines for Strathcona:
Entry Year Level
Minimum Application Score
Score recommended prior to commencement
40 or higher
60 or higher
60 or higher
80 or higher
80 or higher
80 or higher
In accordance with relevant compliance, Strathcona has agreements and relationships with a number of International Student Agents in China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Korea and more, including:
Room 1802, Causeway Bay Plaza
463 Lockhart Road
Causeway Bay Hong Kong
Raising International Education & Exchange Association (RIEEA)
Unit 5, 27/F Richmond Commercial Building
109 Argyle Street
J & J International Education (Shanghai) Co.
Suite B, Level 11, No.88 CaoXiBei Road
Charity Plaza, Shanghai PRC 200030
GZL International Consultants Co.,Ltd
13/F, Tower B, Sinopec Building
No. 191, Tiyu Road West,
Tianhe District, Guangzhou
Hwait International Education
Suite 3013, Level 30
Nanjing Road (West)
Shanghai 200041 CHINA
Raising International Education &
Exchange Association (RIEEA)
2/F, Golden East Gate Hotel,Jin’e East Road
Yueyang Lou District,
Shanghai Sky Migration Service Co, LTD
Room 1203, No. 436,
Hengfeng Road, Jingán District
Duc Anh A&T Com. Ltd (Agent)
54‐56 Tue Tinh Street
Hai Ba Trung District
Ph. 024 3971 6229
172 Bui Thi Xuan St, District 1
Tel: 028 3925 3588
AIDA International Pty Ltd
Suite G, 01
26-28 Prospect Street
BOX HILL 3128
Ph 8429 1234
AU EDU Express
Suite 1408, 530 Little Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
J & J International Education P/L
Suite 206, 379-383 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: 02 9261 8959
S&W Consulting Group
Education and Migration Consulting
Level 12, 356 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Phone: 03 9629 6068
If a student requires Strathcona to issue a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare document (CAAW) as part of their visa application, they will be required to meet the following conditions for the entire period they are enrolled at Strathcona :
- The student will be required to stay in homestay accommodation or with a relative (over 25 years of age) approved by the School, regardless of their age, for the entire period they are enrolled at the School.
- The student will be required to have an approved local support person appointed by Strathcona for the entire period they are enrolled at the School regardless of age. Strathcona engages the services of International Student Alliance (ISA) Guardian & Welfare Service, to provide local support persons for international students. This service is compulsory and not negotiable.
PLEASE NOTE: This is the application journey for international students and is relevant if your daughter is, or plans to, attend Strathcona on a 500 or similar visa. If you are planning to attend Strathcona on any other Residency or Visa situation, simply click here to find out how to apply as a domestic student.
- International Student Marketing Policy
- International Student – Child Abuse Risk Reduction Procedures (Translated: 留学生——降低儿童受虐待风险的规范和规程)
- International Student Course Progress and Attendance Policy (Translated: 留学生课程进度监督与考勤政策)
- International Students Complaints Handling Policy (Translated: 留学生投诉处理政策)
- International Students Complaints Appeals Policy (Translated: 留学生投诉上诉政策)
- International Students Transfer Policy
- International Younger Students Accommodation Arrangements Policy (Translated: 留学生住宿安排政策)
- International Students Refund Policy
- 2021 Overseas Student Information Booklet
Please note Strathcona cannot secure migration outcomes, this responsibility remains with the applicant’s family. Strathcona takes pride in providing an exceptional education with every opportunity to learn and thrive, however, the School cannot guarantee successful educational outcomes through the delivery of a course.
Our Overseas Student Manager is here to support your Strathcona start.
As a past student of Strathcona herself, Amanda knows our community extremely well and can support your daughter as she takes her first, exciting steps as a Strathcona student. She works with our current International Students to ensure their ongoing wellbeing and success at Strathcona.
Mrs Amanda Orgill, Overseas Student Manager
Phone: (03) 8779 7500