© Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar. All Rights Reserved.
Where learning is the heartbeat of our culture
Strathcona was founded in 1924 and is a day school for girls from Prep to Year 12. We are an independent, non-government school. The main campus is situated 11 km east of the city centre of Melbourne in Victoria. The School has excellent modern facilities and resources and dedicated staff support students to achieve their maximum potential. Strathcona Girls Grammar School is a registered provider (CRICOS No: 00577C) on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). Strathcona is registered to accept a limited number of overseas students studying on a student visa (sub-class 571) from Year 7 to Year 12. Some families applying from overseas hold either temporary or permanent residency visas. In these cases certain requirement such as accommodation and local support personship do not apply although other enrolment requirements, for example English language proficiency, are still relevant.
View the list of the School’s International Student Agents.
Learn About Strathcona
We invite you to come and experience Strathcona. Learn about our outstanding personal development programs and how our girls achieve to their fullest potential in all areas of life. With results in the top 2% of the state and limited places we invite you to book now to attend one of our Open Mornings.
Submit An Application For Enrolment Form
Please submit an Application for Enrolment form to be considered for your preferred year level of entry. Copies of your child’s Birth Certificate, Immunisation Record (Medicare Statement), Citizenship Documents (such as Passport, Visa or Certificate), School Reports and NAPLAN summaries. There is a $200.00 non-refundable, administrative fee associated with this submission for each student.
Good Things Come To Those That Wait
All applications are immediately placed on a Waiting List for your preferred year level of entry and you will receive confirmation of this from the Admissions Department. Our Admissions Department will be in contact with you as soon as a place becomes available or we commence the intake process for a main intake year level (such as Prep, Year 4 or Year 7). Please see our Enrolment Terms and Conditions for more information.
All enrolments are subject to a successful enrolment interview. The enrolment interview is an informal conversation where we hope to learn more about your daughter, her interests, hobbies and learning strengths. This interview also provides an opportunity for your family to learn more about our school values, offerings, expectations of our students and more.
Letter Of Offer
Once the enrolment interview has been conducted, the School may be in a position to provide a Letter of Offer inviting your child and family to join our community. To accept this place, we require a non-refundable enrolment fee of $2,000.00 to be submitted ($1,000.00 for ELC students) in addition to the completed paperwork, by the specified deadline.
Preparing to Study in Australia
Once the Letter of Offer has been accepted, the school will support you as you prepare for your first day. This may include, raising a CoE, applying for a student visa, organising homestay arrangements (if necessary), preparing medical insurance and more.
Welcome To Strathcona
Once the required payment and paperwork has been received and processed by our Admissions Department, we will send you a letter confirming your child’s enrolment. Congratulations and we thank you for choosing Strathcona Girls Grammar.
Your Strathcona Start
Commencing at a new school signifies a time of growth and tremendous possibilities. Transition, therefore, is of fundamental importance for your child as it ensures they are fully supported as they continue or commence their learning journey with Strathcona. We will be in contact with you in the months leading up to Day 1 as your family prepares to join the School and also throughout the first few weeks of attendance. Many orientation opportunities exist for our new students and we are here to help.
- Please review the 2020 Fee Schedule for overseas students
- Places are offered to International Students subject to their having an adequate level of skill in English.
- Applications will be considered only after original copies of school reports, a copy of the student’s passport and evidence of English proficiency have been received.
- Students are asked to undertake an Australian Education Assessment Services (AEAS) test which should be submitted with their completed application form.
- If students are living in Australia they will be interviewed and selected according to academic performance and attitude.
- During this interview process students will be asked to undertake two internal tests for English and Mathematics prior to confirmation of enrolment.
- As there can be difficulties for International Students coping with a new academic environment, the School requires evidence that the student will be sufficiently strong in her performance to cope with the program on offer.
If a student requires Strathcona to issue a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare document (CAAW) as part of their visa application, they will be required to meet the following conditions for the entire period they are enrolled at Strathcona :
- The student will be required to stay in homestay accommodation or with a relative (over 25 years of age) approved by the School, regardless of their age, for the entire period they are enrolled at the School.
- The student will be required to have an approved local support person appointed by Strathcona for the entire period they are enrolled at the School regardless of age. Strathcona engages the services of International Student Alliance (ISA) Guardian & Welfare Service, to provide local support persons for international students. This service is compulsory and not negotiable.
International Student Marketing Policy
International Student – Child Abuse Risk Reduction Procedures
International Student Course Progress and Attendance Policy
International Students Complaints Handling Policy
International Students Complaints Appeals Policy
International Students Transfer Policy
International Younger Students Accommodation Arrangements Policy
International Students Refund Policy
Overseas Student Information Booklet