Terms & Conditions
Payment Terms and Conditions
Fees are invoiced in advance in November in the year prior to the new school year. Families are required to select one of three (3) payment instalment options:
- Annual Payment – in full by 30 November 2017 (attracts a 3% discount on 2018 Tuition Fees).
- Quarterly Payment – in four (4) equal payments by Direct Debit/ Credit on 30 November 2017, 28 February 2018, 31 May 2018 and 31 August 2018.
- Monthly Payment – in ten (10) equal payments by Direct Debit/ Credit on 30 November 2017 and then last business day of each month from December 2017 to August 2018.
The Fees and Levies referred to in this notice are applicable for the 2018 school year and are subject to annual review. The administration of all fees and levies accord with these Terms and Conditions, the Business Regulations Notice and Enrolment Agreement.
Fees & Levies
The Tuition Fee and Composite Fee covers all curriculum related costs including excursions, camps and activities. Students admitted to the School during the year will be charged fees on a pro-rata basis and other levies and charges as appropriate.
Some additional charges do apply in respect of curriculum and technological resources including booklist levies, class group software license subscriptions, etc.
Any additional activities or electives voluntarily undertaken will be itemised separately on your invoice, for example: Private Music Tuition, Private Speech and Drama, Rowing, Rhythmic Gym, Aerobics, Kayaking, Compass and Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
A 10% sibling discount applies to the second member of a family and a 15% fee concession to subsequent members of a family who are attending the School at the one time. It does not apply to the first family member or to students in receipt of any other concession or scholarship.
Methods of Payment
All families are required to complete and return the 2018 Fee Payment Form to inform the instalment option and payment method chosen for the new school year. Additional charges may be billed via your Fee Account during the course of the year and are payable separate to any Tuition Account Direct Debit Payment and due by their respective due dates.
- Direct Debit – families complete the provided Direct Debit form for quarterly and monthly instalment options. The School will automate the debiting of the designated bank account on the listed dates as per the option chosen.
- Credit Card – families complete the provided Direct Debit form for quarterly and monthly instalment options providing credit card details (rather than a bank account as above). A credit card slip also is provided on each Fee Account Statement. Each option will allow for the payments to be processed by the Business Office as per the authority provided and instalment plan chosen.
- Direct Deposit/EFT – BSB: 083-004 Account No. 39 600 6299 (include your Account Code in payment reference).
- Cheque – made payable to Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar School and returned to the Business Office attached to the Fee Notice or Monthly Statement.
- BPAY – using a Net Bank facility to transfer the funds using the Biller Code of 1941 and the Reference Number as detailed on your Fee Account Statement.
- EFTPOS/Cash – the School has debit and credit card payment facilities in the Business Office.
Please note that AMEX transactions incur a 1% surcharge.
Fees are strictly due and payable by the listed dates. Where tuition or sundry fee accounts are in arrears (or on an approved payment plan is not adhered to), a student will not be permitted to undertake co-curricular activities such as music, rowing and international tours.
The Principal reserves the right to refuse to allow a student to either commence a new term, or to remain at the School while any fees or charges remain unpaid.
Annual Voluntary Contributions
Families may choose to donate to the School Building and Maintenance Fund to support the Master Plan and future facility development when choosing their payment option via the 2018 Tuition Fees Payment Form. This additional contribution will be included in the first debited payment. All donations ($2 or more) to the Building and Maintenance Fund are eligible for a tax deduction via the donors’ annual income tax return.
All families are encouraged annually to contribute to the efforts of the Strathcona Family Association (SFA) by paying a $60 contribution fee. The contribution supports the efforts of the SFA in supporting the advancement of the School Community.
All students in Prep to Year 12 are issued with an annual booklist in Term 4 each year. The booklist details all resources and stationery requirements for the new school year.
In some year level instances, subject or resource levies exist where the School has been able to administer or negotiate a better prices outcome. These levies will be charged to relevant families in Term 1 (2nd Quarter Instalment).
Early Learning Centre (ELC)
Fees for the ELC will be charged in line with the Prep to Year 12 system. All ELC families will pay a holding fee of $800 upon confirmed entry to the School. It should be noted that this fee will be credited in Term 1 of the entry year.
Please note that to attend the ELC all children must turn three (3) or four (4) by 1 February of the entry year.
The Early Learning Centre is a Registered Child Care Program and eligible families can make child care benefit (not rebate) claims via Centrelink. The Business Office will issue receipts at the end of each term.
Uniform / Second Hand Uniform Shop
All students are required to wear the prescribed School uniform that is available for purchase at Dobsons, 667 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn. Tel: +61 3 9819 1122. Open business hours from Monday to Saturday.
The SFA operates a Second Hand Uniform Shop located at 35 Scott Street (opposite main entry to School). It is open each Wednesday from 3.15pm to 4.30pm during the term. Please note that the Uniform Shop operates on a donation basis only.
A 1:1 iPad Program operates in the Junior School and the devices are fully owned and supported by the School. In the Senior School, for Year 7 and 8 they are required to bring their own iPad and for Year 9 and above, they can bring their own device (BYOD) to support them in their studies.
All general fee and payment enquiries should be directed to the Business Office. Specific fee or business related matters (including advice of changes in enrolment and/or family circumstances) are to be directed to the Business Manager.
A: Level 1 Old Mellor House, 34 Scott Street, Canterbury
T: +61 3 8779 7500
Business Manager’s Office
T: +61 3 8779 7541