Strathcona was founded in 1924 and is a day school for girls from Prep to Year 12. We are an independent, non-government school. The main campus is situated 11 km east of the city centre of Melbourne in Victoria. The School has excellent modern facilities and resources and dedicated staff support students to achieve their maximum potential. Strathcona Girls Grammar School is a registered provider (CRICOS No: 00577C) on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). Strathcona is registered to accept a limited number of overseas students studying on a student visa (sub-class 571) from Year 7 to Year 12. Some families applying from overseas hold either temporary or permanent residency visas. In these cases certain requirement such as accommodation and guardianship do not apply although other enrolment requirements, for example English language proficiency, are still relevant.
View the list of the School’s International Student Agents.
2016 VCE Results – please click this link to see the excellent results our Year 12 students achieved last year.
- Places are offered to International Students subject to their having an adequate level of skill in English.
- Applications will be considered only after original copies of school reports, a copy of the student’s passport and evidence of English proficiency have been received.
- Students are asked to undertake an Australian Education Assessment Services (AEAS) test which should be submitted with their completed application form.
- If students are living in Australia they will be interviewed and selected according to academic performance and attitude.
- During this interview process students will be asked to undertake two internal tests for English and Mathematics prior to confirmation of enrolment.
- As there can be difficulties for International Students coping with a new academic environment, the School requires evidence that the student will be sufficiently strong in her performance to cope with the program on offer.
If a student requires Strathcona to issue a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare document (CAAW) as part of their visa application, they will be required to meet the following conditions for the entire period they are enrolled at Strathcona :
- The student will be required to stay in homestay accommodation or with a relative (over 25 years of age) approved by the School, regardless of their age, for the entire period they are enrolled at the School.
- The student will be required to have an approved guardian appointed by Strathcona for the entire period they are enrolled at the School regardless of age. Strathcona engages the services of International Student Alliance (ISA) Guardian & Welfare Service, to provide guardians for international students. This service is compulsory and not negotiable.