The Old Strathconians Association Scholarship Grant is intended to assist the daughter, granddaughter or other family member of an Old Strathconian with the completion of Years 11 and 12 at Strathcona.
The Scholarship Grant is available to (i) a Year 10 student not already enrolled at Strathcona or (ii) a current Year 10 student, and will provide a grant of $10,000, to be applied against tuition fees for each of Year 11 and Year 12 ($5,000 per year).
Selection will be based on both academic achievement and extra-curricular involvement.
Applicants should provide evidence through School Reports of achievement in the A/B range consistently across subjects in Years 7 to 10.
Evidence of interest and achievement in a range of activities across sport and the arts should be provided.
3. Personal Qualities
Evidence of commitment, good behaviour, concern for others and leadership capacity should be provided.
Scholarship Grant Conditions
- The Scholarship Grant is open to Year 10 students not yet enrolled at Strathcona, as well as current students, who are the daughter, granddaughter or other family member of an Old Strathconian.
- The Scholarship Grant provides a grant of $10,000, to be applied against tuition fees for each of Year 11 and Year 12 ($5,000 per year).
- Parents are reminded that Scholarship Awards do not cover the administration fee, capital levy, school uniform, books and requisites, camps and excursions, travel expenses or extra subject fees.
- The Scholarship Grant will be awarded on the basis of:
- an interview with the Principal and representatives of the OSA
- previous school reports
- evidence of involvement and achievement in a range of co-curricular activities
- an indication of good personal qualities
- An invitation to an interview does not necessarily mean that the student will be offered a scholarship grant.
- The School and the OSA will not enter into discussion regarding the awarding of the Scholarship Grant.
Application Process for 2018 scholarship
Applications for 2018 entry are now open and close Friday 25 August, 2017.
Applications for the Scholarship should include:
- completed application form
- copies of Year 7 to 10 reports
- a written personal reference
- a letter of application from the candidate giving reasons why she should be considered.
Please address applications to:The Principal
Mrs Marise McConaghy
Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar School
34 Scott Street
CANTERBURY VIC 3126