At Strathcona, we are committed to the provision of first-class facilities and resources across each of our three campuses. Students benefit from state-of-the-art learning, sporting, arts and multimedia facilities at every stage of their education.
Senior School Campus – Contemporary Learning Centre
The Contemporary Learning Centre was opened in 2015 and features the Wheelton Knowledge Exchange (Library) on the ground floor, Middle School Centre for Years 7 and 8 on the first floor, and industry-standard Science Discovery Centre on the second floor, open to both Junior School and Senior School students.
Strathcona Information Services (Library)
With three dedicated libraries on three campuses, students can quickly access the resources, services, staff and environments they need to enhance their learning. These include:
- Wheelton Knowledge Exchange (Senior School Campus, Canterbury)
- Tay Creggan (Year 9) Learning Lounge (Tay Creggan, Hawthorn)
- Mellor House Library (Junior School Campus, Canterbury)
The library hubs contain:
- comprehensive print, audio visual and digital collections
- online databases for data locating and processing
- flexible learning spaces with wireless network access for portable devices.
Senior School Campus & Early Learning Centre
New families are regularly surprised by the variety of facilities in the seemingly compact Senior School Campus. From state-of-the art learning facilities, to technology infrastructure and impressive spaces for sport and the arts, the Senior School Campus provides an inspiring environment for students of all ages.
Strathcona’s ELC is conveniently located on the Senior School Campus, at the corner of Scott Street and Prospect Hill Road.
A purpose-built Senior Centre for Years 11 and 12 provides facilities to support the students at this level with seminar rooms, quiet study areas, a large gallery for whole year gatherings or lectures, a recreation area and kitchen.
Year 10 Centre
Strathcona’s Year 10 Centre is a special base for girls in this year level, complete with kitchenette, social areas, classrooms, and a terrace overlooking the playing field.
The Year 10 Centre is an ideal space for our Parent Seminar Series, weekend courses and workshops for students, and an event space for festivals and fairs.
Multimedia & Recording Studio – The Green Room
Our custom designed multimedia and recording studio (Green Room) is available for both Junior School and Senior School students, and features:
- state-of–the-art hardware
- the latest software
- technology for digital video production
- technology for podcasting.
Creative and Performing Arts Centre
Our Creative and Performing Arts Centre offers:
- four art rooms
- a multimedia laboratory and recording studio
- music and drama facilities (including a performance area), and
- a food technology facility.
Strathcona’s Senior School Campus offers great sporting facilities, including:
- Large multi-purpose oval
- Indoor heated 25m pool
- Five tennis and netball courts
- Indoor gymnasium complex
- Weights and training room.
Tay Creggan – Year 9 Campus
Built in 1893, the magnificent home in Hawthorn provides our Year 9 students with an idyllic and unique environment for maturing intellectually, socially and emotionally.
State-of-the-art facilities at Tay Creggan include:
- spacious classrooms
- a fully equipped science laboratory
- Learning Lounge (library)
- commercial kitchen
- a large, light-filled art room.
The Yarra River at our doorstep provides an environment for water activities such as canoeing, kayaking and rowing.
Sporting facilities also include:
- Boat Sheds
- Sports field
- Basketball court.
Gallery – Tay Creggan (Year 9 Campus)
Student learning experiences are enhanced by our state-of-the-art Junior School, specifically designed to meet the requirements of primary aged students.
Our outstanding specialist facilities include:
- a library
- curriculum extension areas
- an art studio
- a multi-purpose activity room
- a music room, and
- individual music studios for instrumental lessons.
Some classroom features include:
- reading nooks
- play spaces
- learning centres
- bathrooms designed for Prep aged children
- full-length sliding glass doors
- windows to allow for abundant natural light and warmth
- outdoor learning areas
- classroom access to gardens
- flexible spaces
- environments for exploring, experimenting and reflecting.
Gallery – Junior School Campus
Additional Facilities for Junior School
Students in the Junior School also have access to the various facilities at the nearby Main Campus. These facilities are detailed above.